Sunday, February 22, 2009

Blog #7

Accepting Change in Negative Economic Times
By Suzanna de Baca

The author of this article tells us about a book he has read that gave him insight on a new way to see the change of our society and our own personal views that he believes should be positive. The person who writes the book, A Quest to Wholeness, which Baca speaks about, is by Robert Brumet. His ideas are that we should accept the changes we are encountering because it will bring us to a new and better place. Most people believe that change is a bad thing since so many people are losing their jobs and their stocks are not stable as they were told they would be. Brumet wants us to view this as the “glass is half full” vs. the “glass is half empty”. The article says that we should not be pessimistic and resistant to the changes and we should look at them and think that there are many more opportunities for us. I agree with them both, as I grew up whenever I was upset about something my mom would say “Is the glass half full or half empty?” and I would have to tell her something that would make the glass “half full” and so far I think it has helped me get through though things at school and with friends and also I feel like I apply that concept to many things in my everyday life.

Baca , Suzanna de. "Accepting Change in Negative Economic Times." Expert Business Source 05 11 2008 22 Feb 2009 .

No comments: