Monday, May 11, 2009

Blog #3

Quote Analysis:
“‘Then let me make a suggestion.’ Balthazar hesitated just long enough to let me understand what he was about to do, then folded his hand around mine. “‘Come with me to the autumn Ball’” (Gray 117).
The context of this quote is when Bianca was asked to the Autumn Ball by Balthazar after witnessing Lucas being beat up by Erich, one of the people in the “in crowd”. Erich and Lucas haven’t had a very good friend ship from the start of school. They would childishly pick on each other for no reason. Lucas has gotten into fights with others at the school before Bianca was there but she doesn’t feel safe with someone who could eventually be harmful to her. Bianca is likes Balthazar but she doesn’t want to say yes to him, she is still upset about her date with Lucas where Lucas. He got into a fight with a bunch of drunken guys for no reason. I think that this is foreshadowing to something that will happen at the dance between her and Lucas. Bianca has liked Lucas since she met him after he tackled her when she tried to run away but ever since it’s been a little awkward. I predict that somehow Bianca and Lucas will somehow get into some trouble at the dance but I can’t think of anything that would fit. This I think will be very critical to Bianca’s outcome in the end of this book and the next book in the series.

No comments: